HOLIDAY PARADE OF LIGHTS RULES
1. Entries must be received no later than November 16th, 2018.
2. There is no entry fee to enter a float in the parade.
3. There is no theme for the parade but you are invited to decorate your float with the Holiday theme—Christmas or Winter theme.
4. We encourage float entries to hand out candy or other holiday items to the crowd; however due to the evening’s darkness and possible ice, please do not throw candy from the float.
5. We encourage all float entries to include Holiday music.
6. Floats must be lined up and ready to go by 5:00 pm at St Paul’s Church, 500 6th Ave SW, so the Parade can begin promptly at 5:30 pm. You will be emailed or mailed a confirmation and directions. You will be given your parade number at check-in. You will be judged on Lights, Holiday Spirit and Creativity.
7. Prizes will be awarded in Perham Bucks for the following categories:
1st- Santa’s Choice: $300.00
2nd- Mrs. Claus Choice: $250.00
3rd- Elves Choice: $150.00
When lighting your float, please remember that the lights you place on your float are the ONLY lights observers will have to see your float, so remember to over light your float. Use spot lights or other holiday lights to light people and decorations on the float or to light posters and other items. Generally, double the number of lights you think you will need!
The Holiday Parade of Lights Committee appreciates your support and involvement. With your help we can continue to make Perham an exciting place to celebrate ALL YEAR!